Saturday, September 29, 2007

Internet Fix

Only a few years ago, though it seems much longer, and maybe it was much longer, perhaps it was five years ago or more, I swore I would never, never, never become addicted to the internet such that it very nearly ruled my life.

It very nearly rules my life. Tomorrow I leave the apartment here and will lose high speed internet whilst I stay with my parents temporarily. My options appear to be wireless air cards, some satellite hook up, or dial-up. Archaic, that last one, I must admit now, he who was not going to be attached to "on the line" (as my Mom says). The problem with any option is that I only need it for a month before I leave for LA, where I suspect nowhere is without high speed internet connections of some sort. I am mildly panicked. :/

In any event, I still have my laptop, and thank whatever you or I believe in for the iPhone, but website updates may be difficult. I'll figure it out.

Meanwhile I have to remove my current USB device (there's a connection right behind my left ear, seems to have grown in between not planning to go online and living there). Tonight my role is external memory device.

No comments: