Friday, November 7, 2008

First Pooch

Currently all my political energy is going toward following what type of doggie the Obama's will get. So far I glean from internet rumors and perhaps semi-factoids that there's talk of a Golden Doodle, which I find to be an excellent choice, they are so darn cute and in fact, I want one as well.

Perhaps a Standard Poodle would be in order? I'd definitely recommend one. Hypo-allergenic and smart enough to help run the country--what am I saying, to run the country, period.

An aside--I remember back when 9/11 first happened and everyone wondered what was going to become of the world, Figaro, our black standard poodle, was trotting about and by. I looked at him and said "Figaro, why can't you run the world?" because I know he'd have made it the best possible place for everyone to exist side by side. A good memory from a bad time.

So Barack Obama's words from his press conference today are the best:

"With respect to the dog, this is a major issue," he joked. "I think it's generated more interest on our Web site than just about anything."

"We have two criteria that have to be reconciled," he said. "One is that Malia is allergic, so it has to be hypoallergenic. There are a number of breeds that are hypoallergenic.

"On the other hand, our preference would be to get a shelter dog, but, obviously, a lot of shelter dogs are mutts like me. So whether we're going to be able to balance those two things I think is a pressing issue on the Obama household," he said.

No comments: