Sunday, January 6, 2008

Saints and Stars

Well, I thought I'd try something different with a new contest, given all the newness rampant this time of "year." This contest will require little effort, not a great deal of artistic skill really, no drawing or anything other than contemplation and maybe a little research.

So, since I'm in Los Angeles, and Hollywood is just a 20 minute or so drive away from where I'm at right now, I thought the new contest would involve Saints and Stars. Thus your task, should you choose to accept it, is simple: come up with a star whose voice or something about them you think would match any of the Super Saints or Infidels.

(We'll leave the Balloteers out, because I don't like them enough, given their subject matter.)

If you want to get creative and use the Left Wing Liberators, then you should come up with 40s and 50s stars to voice them, they need not be alive. But, for the Saints and Infidels, they should be living stars. Don't know the Saints or Infidels well enough to make a match? Well, go here and find out:


There are no real rules, and you can post as many stars with characters as you like. Each separate star/character combo you post will enter you in a random drawing I will conduct. The prize will be something cool, and if you're unsure what that might be like, just ask the Halloween 2007 contest winners.

I'll start off with one of my own, the very leader of the League of Super Saints...


Saint Catherine of Siena...Emma Thompson



Ok, easy enough, right? Post 'em in the comments section, and the deadline will be the end of January. Plenty of time for you to think of a few suggestions.

FINE TUNING EDITS: Ok, if you read the suggestions and someone already posted a character you wanted to use, don't worry, post your ideas. Even if they are/were the same. I'm just interested in seeing how people perceive a character and which voices they think would go with them, so for example, if you had an idea for St. Catherine of Siena go ahead and post that idea.

You can post once or many times, too, with a long list or just one at a time over numerous comments.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Oh this is going to be so much fun!!

I'm going to start with just a few.

JACK: I think he should be voiced by Alan Cumming

SAINT CECILIA: Voiced by Madonna

FLUFF GIRL: Voiced by Heather Graham
(yeah, I went there...)