Monday, October 25, 2010

Oooooh another entry!

Only about one month later, too, huh?

Still I'm giving myself a gold star, not for blogging, but for painting. Since the Toxic Political Landscape painting (which sold at the Texas Freedom Network auction, to the lovely Deborah, after a little bidding war) I have finished three new 8" x 10" paintings. Although they are smaller than I am used to painting, it has been fun to try the small size, and I am as devoted to them as I am to the big paintings. In fact, if I ever hear from the Austin Art Garage, or rather when I make that happen, I'll be sad to see this trio of paintings go.

Further, I have many great sketches and the mind has been rekindled with more and more images, some even coming to me out of the blue as has not happened in some time. It's an exciting time to be Gabriel!

In fact, it seems many good things are happening. I'm actually looking forward to winter, and I am not usually that way. I bought some fingerless gloves at Urban Outfitters. I love the way they look, in truth, regardless of whether they work, but Junie and Matteo assure me they do. I just sort of want to go around pretending they are part of a super hero costume. No, they are not the reason I'm looking forward to winter, silly.

Many good things to report as they develop, but I'll keep them closer to me and enjoy them on my own for a bit. Well, other than the fact that currently Eden is in the shop, as an idiot parked next to her crunched her rear passenger wheel well. My rental? A Chrysler Town and Country mini van, which, inapposite to my existence as it is, has caused not a little mirth.

But at least it gets me from point A to point B for now, and these days, I'm thinking about points C through Z in ways I have not in a long time.

Jay Jay and the Housewives of Cedar Park

Reduce Reuse Recycle

The Moon, the Stars and Me

No comments: